Welcome! Urban Farm and Kitchen specializes in seasonal and delicious recipes, inspired by my garden-to-table philosophy. Many of my recipes are influenced by my upbringing and love of Mediterranean and Levantine cuisine.
Seasonal Main Dishes
Warm and cozy dinner ideas for weeknights and beyond.
See All Main Dishes
Hi! I'm Luay Ghafari and welcome to Urban Farm and Kitchen! I have a passion for recipe development, blogging, photography, and gardening education. As a published author and consultant, I love sharing my knowledge and experience with others. I'm based in Toronto, Canada.
Fresh From my Kitchen
The newest recipes from Urban Farm and Kitchen.
- Red Cabbage Sauerkraut (Simple Fermented Cabbage)
- Levantine Pickled Cauliflower (Refrigerator Pickle)
- No-Knead Olive Za'atar Focaccia Bread
- Authentic Shish Tawook (Grilled Chicken Skewers)
- Fermented Carrots (Lacto-fermented Carrot Sticks)
- Fermented Radishes (Lacto-fermented radish slices)
- Arayes (Authentic Levantine Meat Stuffed Pitas)
- 9 Authentic and Traditional Palestinian Recipes
See All Recipes
Seed to Table
My First Book
A seasonal guide to organically growing, cooking, and preserving food at home. With 21 crop guides, 40+ recipes, and helpful preservation primers.
What Are You Looking For?
Find a recipe, guide, or how-to.
Fermenting and Pickling
Recipes and resources to help you preserve your harvest or farmer's market haul
Level Up Your Garden
All about gardening, from herbs to vegetables.
See All Gardening
subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates, new recipes and blog posts, store offers, sales and more!